Based on the requirements of the new NSW syllabus, Ignite Your Learning is now running a course that covers all aspects of writing creatively for students from years 7 to 12.
This course is specifically designed to aid students in coming up with ideas, linking to a stimulus, and understanding what teachers are looking for when it comes to Imaginative, Persuasive, Discursive and Reflective Writing.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand what types of ideas work best for their writing pieces and how to come up with these.
- Use existing texts they study in class to inspire and craft their writing style.
- Clearly write in the different formats: Imaginative, Persuasive, Discursive and Reflective.
- Practice how to deconstruct a stimulus and write a response under exam conditions that meets syllabus requirements.
Groups will run with no more than 4 students per session and include practical tasks that students will be able to use in their class and assessment work.
Duration: 2 hrs
Cost: $100 or a Creative Kids Voucher
This program has been designed by highly experienced teachers with over 18 years of teaching experience, and all program materials will be inclusive within the session.
Learning Outcomes Covered:
– A student thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively, critically and discerningly to respond to, evaluate and compose texts that synthesises complex information, ideas and arguments (EA12-5)
– Investigates and evaluates the relationships between texts (EA12-6)
BOOK YOUR FREE TRIAL LESSON TODAY
We’d love to hear from you!
If you have any questions about our services or would like to book a free trial lesson, you can call our Centre Manager on 0421 422 722
Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form, and we will respond to you within 24 hours.